It’s spooky season and time to get your baking on!
This is a fun and simple activity to do with your family and friends and just takes a few easy steps!
What’s your favorite halloween movie or character?
Halloween Inspired Vegan Sugar Cookies
A fun and simple vegan sugar cookie recipe to make with your family and friends using minimal ingredients!
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Small Mixing Bowl
- Hand Blender
- Baking Tray
- Baking Sheet/Baking Oil Spray
- Rolling Pin
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cups vegan butter preferrably original earth balance
- 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract optional
- 1 tbsp flaxseed
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 cups powdered sugar
- 3-4 tsp non-dairy milk or water
Vegan Sugar Cookies
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- In a small bowl combine your flaxseeds and water and let sit on the side for 5-10 minutes until it is like a gel consistency
- in a large bowl combine your vegan butter and sugar until it is a smooth consistency then add in your extracts and your flax egg
- in another bowl combine your dry ingredients then pour into your wet ingredients and combine together (use a hand blender to make your life easier)
- hand mix the dough and roll out with a rolling pin and cut out your shapes
- line your baking tray with parchment paper or baking oil and bake your cookies for 10 minutes then remove and let them cool down
- Decorate your cookies and have fun with your friends and family!